Gym Induction / Training Schedule
I had my induction at the gym yesterday evening. The alarmingly young personal trainer (is it me, or does everyone in uniform look younger these days - especially police). The usual measures - height, weight, lungs, body fat, heart rate, BP, etc. As expected, I could do with losing around 1.5 kg (a massive 3lb) before races start, but everything else was just dandy.
Disappointingly, I DIDN’T get to get pushed ’till I dropped on the treadmill, and get the sexier max heart rate, lactate threshold, and VO2max measured. Some communication problems at the gym mean these’ll be done at a later appointment. Sigh!
So for the next three weeks . . .
- Monday: Swim - 100m intervals
- Tuesday: Spin class (psycho leader / instructor, who’s just got a new triathlete-specific programme. Lovely)
- Wednesday: Swim - endurance, 800-2400m
- Thursday: Run - 1500m intervals
- Friday: Run - 6-10 miles endurance
- Saturday / Sunday: Bike - 30-40 miles.
- Saturday / Sunday: Rest (depends on which day I do the bike)
Additionally, I’ll be doing the 125 miles per fortnight on my bike.
After three weeks of this, I should be in better shape to start some weights work. Never done that. Should be a whole new dimension of ‘fun’….