Now I’m not sure about this - I worry that the tempo of whatever I listen to would interfere with my concentration. And as for banging techno while I’m on the open road on my bike . . . I want to be able to hear the car sneaking up on me!
That said, I do like the music in spin classes - it’s a big help. And I also tend to have music playing in my head (no voices telling me to do bad things any more - the meds are working) when I’m out cycling. And this is what I play . . .
- James Bond Theme - Moby’s Re-Version. We can all dream, can’t we.
- London Calling - The Clash. See you in the mosh pit.
- Firestarter - The Prodigy. This is why I’m not allowed matches any more.
- Hammering in my Head - Garbage. Shoot to kill.
- Reptilia - The Strokes. Everything louder than everything else.
- From the Floorboards Up - Paul Weller. The modfather is back.
- Temple of Love (Extended Version - 1984) - Ths Sisters of Mercy. Thunderin’ base line.
- Panic Mode - Miika Kuisma. Now there’s a segway!
- Rip This Joint - The Rolling Stones. What you can achieve while in tax exile.
- Don’t Stop Me Now - Queen. I know. . . . but I like it!
- Young Lust - Aerosmith. Oy! Tyler - get AWAY from my daughter!
- Song 2 - Blur. Wooo Hoooo!
I am thinking of trying music while I train - running and gym stuff only. It’ll also give me an excuse to go and buy a new iPod Shuffle