Honey . . . I’m Home!
These last two weeks have been murder . . . too much to do, too much time in hotels, and too little time to write about it. I’ll be posting individual details rather than one long rambling stream of drivel, but for now, the highlights include . . .
- A road trip to Manchester to visit the Edinburgh Bicycle Cooperative, where the Bike Fairy was waiting.
- Working with the management of the world’s largest sandwitch factory for a couple of days (lunch had a very bread + filling theme to it). New bike came too, and for security reasons only, shared my hotel room. This was not a case of Love Your Bike (link contains adult content).
- New bike having to go back to the store - gear shifter problems I had this problem toward the end of the first ride on the bike, so rather than end with a bad ride, I converted the session into a great brick - much to the horror of the client and the other hotel guests.
- New goggles arrive in the post - Aqua Spheres, like all the cool kids wear
- Daughter’s 6th birthday, celebrated with a party. 22 six-year-olds at the local church hall for almost three hours. All I can say is that school teachers don’t get paid enough.
- New bike back from the store, and into the car to drive down to Warwick immediately after the party.
- An early morning reconnaissance ride around the Stratford Tri course with Tall Friend who lives in Warwick . . . followed by running a two-day strategy workshop for a multinational company. At least this hotel had a pool . . . though it was only 12.5m long (or had I taken a wrong turn and was actually doing laps of the Jacuzzi?)
- The continuing saga of getting the new bike set up just right.
- And finally . . . my local client in Walker has building work starting on Saturday, so I’ve had to convince the office staff that this really, really is happening & they’d better get out of the way!
Actually, thinking about it, that just about sums up the last ten days - no need for much more detail than that.