NOT the best Workout Music
Third run of the year this evening, and I decided to take along some music. The problem was that I just put some stuff on that grabbed my attention while scrolling down through my iTunes library:
- Motorvatin’ - Hanio Rocks. Great, but just too up-tempo and bouncy for an opener. The guitar solo had me pretty much duck-walking down the street.
- That’s Not My Name - the Ting Tings. Just. Too. Much!
- You Know My Name - Chris Cornell. Not the best thing to come on just as I spotted another runner - made me far too competitive, with the inevitable third burn-out of the evening.
- Sucker Train Blues - Velvet Revolver. Had be all-but sprinting along the beach.
- The Sex Has Made Me Stupid - Robots in Disguise. Thumping, slow-paced grind of a song. Too slow for running.
- Only Happy When It Rains - Garbage. Thankfully this came on just as I got home!
So it ended up being a pretty hard run. Looking at that list, it would probably be ideal for a spin class - I could really get into those last two as part of a progressive climb.
But no, I’m not sure that music and running really work for me. Maybe I’d better just stick to Radio 4 in future. Though Charlotte Green’s voice can do strange things to me . . .
- Type: Run
- Date: 01/05/2009
- Total Time: 00:22:00.00
- Calories: 388
- Distance: 3 miles
- Average Pace: 7:20.1/mile