Busy As Hell?
You know those days where you have a deadline that cannot be missed? And unlike Douglas Adams, you can’t just admire the ‘wooshing’ sound it makes as it passes?
Yeah. Well, I had that sort of day yesterday. I had to . . .
- Finish off the periscope for my rugged video camera. Periscope? What!?!! Well it’s like this - I want to take some footage of skiing, without holding a camera in my hand. So I want to strap my Oregon Scientific Action Cam 2000 to the straps of my rucksack (which would point it upwards), and I need to rig up a robust mirror thingie so that the field of view points forward. A mirror and a plumbing joint have been used. If it’s successful, photos (and film footage!) may be forthcoming . . .
- Go for a run. ‘Cos you’ve got to run every day. Look, just blame it on Brad.
- Walk Huge Dalmatian.
- Bake - some bread for Wife, and about a gazillion bagels and snacks and things for Daughter and I to take skiing.
- Pack for skiing.
- Repack for skiing - airlines like it when you can actually close the bags you’re checking into the hold.
- Eat some food. Not usually a problem for scheduling, but yesterday was a challenge.
- Do the vacuuming. This is a Man Job, so given that it hadn’t been done for longer than is reasonable, and I was going to be away for a week, it had to be done!
- Cut some wood for Wife to use as the base for her next mosaic.
- Get to the airport with Daughter
- Go . . . . . skiing! Woo wooo woooo!
I also managed to make most of the day a technosabbath, appart from some Twitter action at the airport & while boarding.
- Type: Run
- Date: 01/11/2009
- Time: 09:00:00
- Total Time: 00:16:40.00
- Calories: 250
- Distance: 2 miles
- Average Pace: 8:20/mile