Snowy, Snowy Weather Competition
. . . and a busy day. Wife’s abandoned me for a week’s gallivanting in That London. She’s staying with VonSmallHaussen, and according to the detailed & extensive itinery I’ve been left (she claims it’s so I’ll know where she is in case of emergencies. I think it’s to rub in what a great time she’ll be having):
- They’re both seeing La Cage Aux Folles tomorrow
- Wednesday - the Royal Academy & the V&A Museum
- Thursday - visiting chums
- etc, etc.
So I’m home alone, with Daughter & Huge Dalmatian. And unlike the London-obsessed media would have you believe, it’s all slushy outside, so we can’t even make a snowman. Bah!
And I don’t even think it’s ideal weather to ride a bike - not because of the snow, but because of the howling gale that’s blowing from across the North Sea. I swear if you listen carefully you can hear people speaking Dutch in the wind. Though while I was out running today, I DID see one person on a bike.
Let’s have some fun with a quiz on this subject. Was he:
- A Roadie, in full-on winter training mode. Lycra tights, booties, mittens, and his ‘winter training’ bike that has mudguards (fenders)?
- Some old bloke, riding what the people over at Copenhagenize & Amsterdamize would call a ‘normal’ bike - complete with a re-purposed plastic crate screwed to the rear rack?
- A roughy-toughy mountain biker, relishing the opportunity to use those knobbly tyres at last?
- A courier on a stripped down fixie, wearing the obligatory old jeans, Berghaus jacket and fingerless gloves, going at it like there’s no tomorrow, ‘cos “we deliver in all wethers”?
Leave your answer below!