My Diary’s Getting Crowded . . .
It’s time to focus on my goals for this year. Having pushed back the Coast 2 Coast ride to an undefined date, I’ve now got my diary out to put some order into my world. Here’s how it looks:
- From now ’till end of August - building up the running mileage, including two weeks hot weather running at The In-law’s place in France.
- Weekend of 30th August - I was going to do The Great North Bike Ride, but this bank holiday weekend will now be when we do the Coast 2 Coast. Look at the weather forecast, pick whichever of the three days seems likely to have the best weather, and just do it. 140 miles, 16,000 ft of climbing, 12-14 hours. Job done.
- September - more running miles, and the start of the 2009 Grand Prix series .
- 27th September - Oxford to Cambridge bike ride. About 90 miles of sociable riding.
- 18th October - Amsterdam marathon
So that’s the plan.