Today’s Weather Forecast Is Wrong
Here are the official unwritten* rules of weather forecasting if you’re going to be riding a bike:
- The official weather forecast is always wrong. It is always cycling weather.
- If you’re in any doubt about the Met Office’s nameless supercomputer ’s accuracy, you might be tempted to opt for more traditional methods - a bit of seaweed hanging up, a pine cone to look at, or just sticking your head outside to see what the weather’s like. Don’t waste your time - you’ll still be wrong. It’s always cycling weather.
- If you put off going out on your bike because the forecast is bad, you’ll see nothing but perfect cycling weather outside.
- The weather outside will be especially perfect for cycling if you have a few little chores you have to get done first.
- No matter how perfect the weather is for cycling, at the point when you’re furthest from home it will start to absolutely pish down. Probably mixed with hail. Sometimes live fish will also fall from the sky. But console yourself - it’s perfect weather for it.
Guess what happened to me over this weekend?