What’s That Damned Noise?
There’s been something odd with Byron’s right pedal for a week or so. Every time I get over the top of the pedal stroke, there’s a tinny-sounding tick-tick. It’s been driving me nuts.
Is it the . . .
- Crank working loose and on every stroke it’s doing a wobble?
- The pedal shaft giving up?
- The bottom bracket on the way out?
- The new chain not fitting on a worn chainring?
- The frame?
- Something in the pedal’s binding mechanism?
- The back wheel getting tugged?
- The wheel hub?
Every night I’ve fettled on with it, but to no avail. Tonight I took the crank off (it’s fine), checked everything else I could, and replaced the pedals with a spare pare. (You DO carry a spare pair of pedals with you, don’t you?)
Let’s hope for a ride of silence into work tomorrow!
- Type: Cycle
- Date: 09/16/2010
- Time: 18:23:26
- Total Time: 2:08:00.00
- Calories: 1870
- Distance: 35 miles
- Average Speed: 16.41 mph