Whitley Bay In Regular Clothes
Number fourteen in our series: An early spring evening and a bike with saddle springs:
As I came out onto the sea front next to Beaches & Cream in Cullercoats, I saw this lady ride past. I caught her up a hundred yards or so down the road and complemented her on her bike…
- Sensible (I mean SENSIBLE) bike? Check! In fact it’s a Pashley Princess Sovereign - the ladies version of my bike, Siegfried
- Handbag and Useful Things in front basket? Check!
- Panniers fixed for extra luggage capacity? Check!
- Sensible shoes? Check!
- Fleece half-open in the unseasonably warm February evening? Check!
- Rosy cheeks and a feeling of being sixteen again? Check!
- Big smile? Check!